International FAQs

United strives to provide you with all the resources you need during your international transition. We’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions specific to moving to a new country.

Visit UniGroup Relocation for even more information about international moves.

Filter By:
I need to find an apartment or house while working on an international assignment. Can you really help with finding a temporary home?
Yes, we absolutely can help you find temporary accommodations while on assignment. UniGroup Relocation, United’s sister company, has the right experts and staff on hand to guide you through the process.
I’d like to sublet or lease my home while employed on an international assignment. Do you have services in place that can help?
We can definitely help you manage your vacant properties while you’re away on assignment. Our relocation partners can administer property checks, manage leasing arrangements and perform general maintenance and repairs.
I’m relocating internationally but have never spoken the native language of my new home. Can United help me prepare for this transition?
United doesn’t just focus on the shipment of belongings, we focus on the overall moving process of an international relocation. We want you to be as comfortable and confident as possible going into your new culture and community. We can offer language training prior to your departure, private classes and even youth programs to help all members of your family get the guidance they need.
My entire family is coming with me while on international assignment. Do you offer any services for my children and partner/spouse?
United understands that an international move affects the entire family. Our dedicated consultants can assist you in locating top schools, child care options, school/activity enrollment, etc. Is your spouse or partner interested in working internationally, too? We offer career counseling so they will have a competitive edge as they start their job search. United can also provide on-going transition support as you adjust to your new home.
I’m concerned about keeping my belongings safe while they’re in transit. What types of protection do you offer for international relocations?
We definitely understand your concern. United has several types of protection available for purchase before your move, so you’ll have it when you need it the most:

  • Door-to-Door Protection: This protection extends from your origin to your new internationalhome. All packing and unpacking is provided by a professional mover.
  • Long Term Storage Protection: Not taking all your belongings with you? Our long term storage protection can cover mold/mildew damages, repairs and much more.